The North Shore Jewish Community/Congregation Har El is an egalitarian Conservative congregation combining spirituality with a deep sense of tradition. Har El is a member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and follows its guidelines.
The facilities consist of a Synagogue, Community Centre, meeting space and School.
The North Shore Jewish Community/Congregation Har El is committed to promoting Jewish identity, worship, education, culture, and values to the surrounding community and beyond.
The North Shore Jewish Community Centre/Congregation Har El desires to be a cohesive community that:
- Shares Jewish tradition, holidays and life cycle events through a wide variety of religious, educational, cultural and social activities.
- Is sensitive to the varying needs of our diverse community, finding ways to bring together people of all backgrounds and ages.
- Provides excellent continuing Jewish education for all.
- Strongly promotes our bond with the State of Israel and demonstrates unconditional support for the right of Israel to exist.
- Acts on its strong sense of social responsibility.
- Is an integral part of the Greater Vancouver Jewish Community