We have made the difficult decision to close the synagogue during the course of the pandemic. This means that Rabbi Philip, Avital, and Arthur will be working from home. Everyone, including Rachel and Anat, is available by email, and we will do our best to keep track of phone messages.
Though we will not be able to meet in person, there is still plenty of opportunity to connect to the Har El community at this time.
Most of all, remember to reach out to others. If there’s someone you haven’t talked to for a while, this is the perfect opportunity to catch up. If you need help–whether someone to get groceries or a warm phone call, please let us know, and we’ll find someone to help you out.
These will be the ways to participate in learning, prayer, and community over the coming weeks.
- On Tuesday morning at 10am, we’ll be having a coffee social hour through zoom. Bring a cup of coffee and your breakfast, and we’ll be able to chat and check in. Instructions for joining are below.
- On Tuesday, we will send out an email that will have a short article about a piece of Jewish culture. In all of the emails that are circulating, we want to provide one that gives you something to think about. The articles will also be posted on our website and will allow for comments.
- On Wednesday at 11am, we will continue the class on rabbinic stories through zoom. Instructions for joining are below.
- On Thursdays, we will continue to send out Har El This Week and it will contain a d’var torah, which you can comment on through the website.
- On Thursdays at 7:00pm, the Judaism 101 course will continue through zoom. Instructions on joining are below.
- On Friday at 6:30pm, we will be hosting a Shabbat gathering through Facebook live. This will include songs, reflections, and recognition of the week’s yarhzeits. Please go to this website to access the video.
- On Saturdays, after sunset (8:30 for the next few weeks), we’ll be hosting a havdallah gathering on zoom. Instructions on joining are below.
To Join zoom, you can click on this link to download and open the application on your phone, computer, and tablet.
You can also call +1 647 558 0588. When prompted, you’ll enter the meeting ID of 985 051 7311.
We are hoping that these opportunities can keep us spiritually connected during a time of forced physical separation.
Please remember to follow appropriate precautions to keep yourself and others safe during this time.